Friday, June 26, 2009

SATC - Huh What?

Sometimes I think that there's a definite inverse relationship between the amount of actual cerebral, intellectual work I have to do here at work and/or at school, and the type of mindless entertainment crap that I'll willingly sit through at home.

Case in point. Right now things are taking off for me here at work in an exponential way. I am being challenged more than I ever have, taking on more and more responsibilities, and stretching myself to achieve objectives I before could not have imagined. (Shame there isn't a raise to go along with all of that! But given the layoffs around here, I'm honestly satisfied with having solid employment and a great benefits package.)

Additionally, I'm now well into my second semester of grad school.

All of this culminated last night when I got home from a challenging work-day and spent three-and-a-half hours sitting at my dining room table working on a take-home accounting exam.

By the time 9:30 rolled around, I was so numb and exhausted that I barely had the will to make myself a salad and a small bowl of pasta for dinner.

And what did I do for the rest of the night? I spent two hours flipping back and forth from the Food Network to E and MTV for news about the death of Michael Jackson. But here's the kicker. After all of that, from 11:30pm - 1:30am I sat on the couch watching the friggin Sex and the City movie. SATC! I never even liked the show! WTF!? And I was stone cold sober!

Like I said, I suspect there is some kind of inverse relationship thing going on here. And if that's the case, I'd better watch out. Two more semesters of school and I might find myself sitting on the couch some Saturday night, drooling all over myself like a special child while giggling to the sounds of a Sandra Bullock rom-com.

Thriller night, indeed, Mr. Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment